Monday, May 01, 2006

Possession-Self Identity

A Poll was recently conducted at the Channel News Asia website. The question asked was:

I would much rather pay more and buy a known brand because:


I need the after-sales service

I believe the product would be of better quality

I find the design and specifications are much better

I am brand conscious and can’t be associated with anything unknown

I voted (I believe the product would be of better quality) & viewed the result. I was surprised that the number of respondents who say they are brand conscious and can’t be associated with anything unknown is so low. So, I checked on the result again two days later. There were not much differences. In fact, there was a drop of 1% in the number of respondents who say they are brand conscious and can’t be associated with anything unknown is so low. Maybe the ones who visit the Channel News Asia website are not so brand conscious. We are smarter. … more concern about the design and specifications, after-sales service and the quality of the product. Hehe …Those who are brand conscious are too busy with finding money for their ‘wants’ that they have no time for concern on what’s happening around the world or locally. … or maybe they have so much money that they can afford to be always shopping for the newest brand name?!

23 Apr 2006 (6.54pm)

214 polled

I would much rather pay more and buy a known brand because:

I need the after-sales service (25%, 53 respondents)

I believe the product would be of better quality (54%, 115 respondents)

I find the design and specifications are much better (18%, 38 respondents)

I am brand conscious and can’t be associated with anything unknown (4%, 8 respondents)

25 Apr 2006 (8.27am)

248 polled

I would much rather pay more and buy a known brand because:

I need the after-sales service (24%, 60 respondents)

I believe the product would be of better quality (54%, 135 respondents)

I find the design and specifications are much better (18%, 45 respondents)

I am brand conscious and can’t be associated with anything unknown (3%, 8 respondents)

For me, I don’t believe in using brand to create a false self. If we really want to be image-conscious, we should be making sure we are concern about the right image. We should always remember that all humans are made in God’s image, how treat the people around us is thus very important. May the Lord Jesus help us to love those who are unlovable.

No comments: